NAUVOO UNIVERSITY FAMILY HISTORY CLASS
Class 11: INTRODUCTION TO NEW FAMILYSEARCH
©2010 by Donald R. Snow
This page was last updated 2010-03-30.
Return to the Utah Valley PAF Users Group
Home Page , or Don's Class
Listings Page .
WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION TO CLASS
- Instructors are Donald R. and Diane M. Snow ( firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com ) of Provo and St.
George, Utah, and Nauvoo, Illinois.
- These notes with active Internet links are posted on the Utah
Valley PAF Users Group website http://uvpafug.org
under Class Outlines
Listings . Many other class notes for family history are
linked on the UVPAFUG website also.
- This class will be an introduction to New FamilySearch.
- New FamilySearch URL -- https://new.familysearch.org/en/action/unsec/welcome
-- Note the "s" after http - signifies this is a secure website
- Register using your LDS Membership
Number and confirmation date
- Miles Meyer's Family History Resources webpage has map of
Temple Districts and new FamilySearch -- http://milesmeyer.googlepages.com/
- Gary Turner's New Family
History page has a slide show "New FamilySearch" that shows the new
concept that records are combined and not merged -- http://newfamilyhistory.googlepages.com/home
- Can download the 262-page
nFS Manual (Mar 2010) -- A User’s Guide to the New
FamilySearch Web Site -- go to Help Center >
Additional Resources > New FamilySearch Overviews and Guides
- Symbols and navigating in nFS
- How to combine records
- Log onto new FamilySearch and go to See Me and My Ancestors.
- Click on each option in new FamilySearch to see
what information is there.
- Download the pdf New FamilySearch Manual and start looking
- Find an ancestor in New FamilySearch who needs the records
and start combining them.
Return to the Utah
PAF Users Group Home Page , or Don's Class
Listings Page .